Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

GEOFENCING: only enable motion detection when ALL users are out of the fence

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
meaning
Follower
Follower

Hi there,

So I do have a house monitored by several cams.

But I am actually not satisfied by the way geofencing is working. 

I would like my cams to automatically start monitoring the different rooms ONLY when both of our phones (my wife and myself do have arlo access) are out of the defined fence. 

For now, if I do leave the fence, and my wife stays home, my cameras starts flooding me with events because my wife is still home, or vice versa! 

Is there a way to enable the cameras only when all the registered phones are out of the fence ? 

It actually doesn't make ANY sense to record motion when someone that has the monitoring right is inside the walls ! 

I would appreciate to get a fix in shortest delays regarding this as it makes my secutiry setup totally useless for now! (I need to enable my cams manually and disable them again all the time !!!! )

Thanks ! 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

meaning,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

When using multiple devices, the secondary devices should be logged into the app via shared account through the "Grant Access" feature so that both devices are logged in using the mobile app. Take a look at this article for more information: How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation