Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Front Door Viewing

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SteveB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to determine the easiest and quickest way to view my front door when we are home and someone rings the doorbell, so we can decide whether to answer or not. I was told by technical support to wait for an e-mail and then view. That seems too long; the person may be gone.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

SteveB wrote:

I am trying to determine the easiest and quickest way to view my front door when we are home and someone rings the doorbell, so we can decide whether to answer or not. I was told by technical support to wait for an e-mail and then view. That seems too long; the person may be gone.

Thanks.

Hi @SteveB 

You can position your camera so that it detects motion and start recording as soon as a person, within range of the PIR, walks across the motion detection zone. You don't need to wait for the person to ring the doorbell.

As soon as the motion is triggered, you can get push notifications sent to your phone (iOS or Android). 

You can then open the app and click [PLAY] on the camera to see who/what triggered the motion.

This article talks discusses how to optimize motion detection: How Do I Place My Arlo Camera?

SteveB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. How do I activate push notifications to my phone?

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

SteveB wrote:

Thanks for the response. How do I activate push notifications to my phone?

When you installed the iOS app, it should have prompted you to accept Push Notification from Arlo. Did you Allow that?

Here's an article on how to Allow Arlo Push Notification 

Don_U
Star
Star

I have been stunned by the speed of notifications, but for what you are trying to do, I don't think an Arlo camera is the best solution.

However, any other option with a remote viewing screen that's not attached to the wall right inside the front door, is going to require some hardwiring.

You could give Arlo a try and see if it's satisfactory. Find out what the returns policy is from where ever you purchase first.

Good luck.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation