Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jeffoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I've setup a friend account for a friend to watch on my new Arlo Pro. It monitors the dogs motion in set times between 08:00 and 18:00 and then turns motion off. When i get back from my work around 19:00 the motion is off but the friend account (with no admin rights) is still able to live view the camera at all times.

I just want her to be able to view also live during the times when motion detection is onn but when i'm at home i don't want anyone to be able to do anymore live viewing.

Are we able to build something like that in? That only option i see now is that every time i come home i shut down the Arlo Base which is kinda annoying.

Thanks for you help and understanding 🙂

Best regards,

Jeffrey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeffoz,

The Arlo Privacy feature is designed specifically for this use. Take a look here for more information: How do I use the Arlo privacy feature?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeffoz,

The Arlo Privacy feature is designed specifically for this use. Take a look here for more information: How do I use the Arlo privacy feature?

JamesC

Jeffoz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James, I think I read it badly then. I was confused by https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant... saying that someone without access rights can live view and I could find the camera off button.

Thanks for pointing this out. It works like you said 🙂
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation