Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 28 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice
I can't believe with all the well documented security issues with Flash, that netgear would require Flash on its web application. It's quite ironic that while you are selling security, you are requiring that users compromise the security of their computers with Flash. I hope netgear is planning to update their web application to modern secure standards.

I was thinking that the web application might be a good workaround for those experiencing problems with the mobile app after the recent update, but with Flash player required that's definitely a no-go for a lot of users.
4 REPLIES 4
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would also like to point out that if you have a less common OS on your device (like Windows Phone), that the Flash requirement makes it impossible to check your video library.  HTML5 is everywhere now, in every mobile browser.  Netgear, please start using the latest technology!

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good point hokeysmoke. iPhones/iPads don't support Flash either. As new as the Arlo platform is, it's very puzzling why they chose to use Flash when they developed it.
Bramsen
Tutor
Tutor

Yet another flash vulnerability:

http://9to5mac.com/2016/03/11/flash-critical-vulnerability/

Only got flash on my mac through Chrome, otherwise always use Safari

Simply a joke to use flash in a security system...

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 28 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation