Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feature Request-Zones? - To reduce false alerts?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
danrob
Tutor
Tutor

I have an arlo positioned above my front door, exterior.  Today has been very windy, and at even 1 percent sensitivity setting, the small plants are registering movement. I have had 20+ alerts in an hour.  If I pan and zoomto exlude the plants, I lose the area I want to focus on.

My questions is, can there be  a way (in the future) to select 'zones' within the field of vision to either ignore or focus on?  I know the 'camio' app does this...  Im hoping.  Then I could say create a zone for 'front steps' or 'driveway'.

Thanks Arlo Team.

Dan.

2 REPLIES 2
RX
Guide
Guide

It seems that your concern is similar here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Crop-Motion-Detection-Zone/td-p/408  

- You may submit your idea as feature request or find a related idea and give it a kudos here: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

danrob wrote:

I have an arlo positioned above my front door, exterior.  Today has been very windy, and at even 1 percent sensitivity setting, the small plants are registering movement. I have had 20+ alerts in an hour.  If I pan and zoomto exlude the plants, I lose the area I want to focus on.

My questions is, can there be  a way (in the future) to select 'zones' within the field of vision to either ignore or focus on?  I know the 'camio' app does this...  Im hoping.  Then I could say create a zone for 'front steps' or 'driveway'.

Thanks Arlo Team.

Dan.

Danrob...

I think I know what your trying to do and it won't work... You can pan/zoom the field of view ( what the view of the camera is ), BUT it has NO EFFECT on the motion PIR sensor.... you do not have 'zones' in the PIR, it's either all or nothing.

Tho it might be a good suggestion, it would be more of a hardware change over a s/w change.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation