Email image optional?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
scallop
Tutor
Tutor

I've had my arlo for a few days now and still learning the ropes.  I see that there was a feature request previously posted regarding motion alerts via email to include a snapshot.  It appears that has been implemented.

The feature request asked for the "option" to include and image.

I do not want images included with my alerts.  Is there a way to turn images off and still get an email alert?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I can said that I didn't want emails sent to the wifes phone ( as it's a half-smart phone ) and was better off sending texts.

If it helps any, there's  a thread about sending a SMS ( text) in stead of email.  This text eliminates the pic problem. I also find the texts sent to my Android a better way to get notified.

So I send to an email adress AND as a SMS.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Using-text-messg-instead-of-email-for-notificat...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
scallop
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, that is a generally helpful suggestion.  However in my case, I pay per text so I don't really want to be receiving additional texts.  I also don't like images of my home floating around the internet unencrypted and that effect persists whether the message is sent as an email or sent to an SMS or MMS relay.

This seems to me like a pretty basic privacy concern that either isn't currently addressed, or I simply don't know how to change the setting.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation