Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

I really wish Netgear would address this problem that has been getting worse over the past 2 weeks...

As I have reported several times, including just a few days ago along with several others, I am getting the Push Notifications/Alerts on my cell phone when motion is detected on any of my 3 Arlo wireless cams, but the email alerts as well as the video that is supposed to then show up in the Library is quite delayed (been taking anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to get email alert or video to show in Library, or not showing up at all!!). I'm still missing email alerts and videos from yesterday that never showed up at all!

What good are my Arlo cameras if I'm not home, but get a push notification alert(s) about motion being detected, but cannot "see" exactly what is going on at that moment??

No email message means no image to click on, and no video in Library means the same. This is absurd! I've checked and re-checked each and every setting, even deleted all previous days' videos, but there is no rhyme or reason as to why some motions show up, some show up quite late, while others don't show up at all.

I am very disappointed and not a happy camper or customer of late at all.  In the past 2 weeks, this problem has gotten worse instead of better. My husband wants to rip the 3 cameras down at this point and literally dump them and take the $450 loss for what we paid, because he's tired of seeing me stress out and be upset over this.

Please Netgear - PLEASE address this problem on these boards to myself as well as all your other Arlo customers with the same problem. And as I suggested in my last post from 1/29/16, it would be great if you created a 24-hr Status page to let your customers know if there are server problems, software problems, hardware problems, etc.
  Thank you in advance,
~Susan

146 REPLIES 146
Jimfr
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the update, iSage.

I can report that I too am seeing no problems whatsoever since they made the fix.

Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
Today is Feb. 22, 2016 I too am getting Push notifications without an email or video. Please advise. I have concerns with prone to fall family members.
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I'm not receiving Android Push Notifications.

I am receiving Email notifications.

The counter on the Anroid app shows zero.

The snapshot on the Android app does show the last activity via the screenshot.

This is a long thread.  I'm not quite sure whether it's supposed to be working now or not.

pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

make sure you have the notifications enabled in the app on your device..one thing I noticed is that you can set up to receive notifications on one device and not on another..

pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just tested my system again...  It has been working consistently since the solution was implemented...all notifications, emails and library updates updating in a timely manner..

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

No action on my part and the push notifications are working again.

I had seen another thread James stated it was still being worked on as of today.  So maybe it's inconsistent, or maybe i just got the update pushed.  I'll keep an eye on it.

Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Hoeller, I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues. Please send me a private message with your name and contact information and I will have a support engineer contact you. We thought the fix we put in place on Thursday evening, February 18, had resolved the issue. If that's not correct, we would appreciate your sharing your experiences with us. We want you, and all our customers, to feel confident about the safety of your family. Thank you!

artrix
Guide
Guide

NOTHING works.. No video, no alerts, no push notifications - I have reset - done everything - ready to just take it all down and issue a formal complaint.  This is terrible.  We really need a system that WORKS.  I was considering adding more, now that won't happen.  Anyone else having total failure of the system?  Sorry for previous typos.  Frustrated.

Gutty
Guide
Guide
My new Q not working right. Get alert then videos vanish and alerts count is wrong. Nothing in library. I'm sick of it.
Gutty
Guide
Guide
Also I'm on east coast and it's saying I'm on pacific time on this board. This is my first alto camera. Will not expand to more cameras till this works reliably. Can someone help?
Ghostbuster
Star
Star

My system is inconsistent. Currently I am seeing that the sensitivity has been greatly diminished on all my cameras. They had been working very well picking up motion but since this latest glitch they barely capture motion even when set at 100%. And it is not the placement of my cameras. This is a recent development that coincides with the recent software malfunctioning. When opening the app it still triggers a camera to record despite no motion setting it off. Push notifications are randomly occurring today. I am still seeing the occasional video disappearing. 

artrix
Guide
Guide

After I uninstall and re-install AND then do restart, I can get the live to work.  By the end of the day, that stops again.  NO motion - no alerts on my phone.  I think the testing shoul be done before a product is released.  I am surprised Netgear cannot fix this.

Allentowngal
Guide
Guide

YUP... not a single push alert... video  or email since 7:45 this morning from any of my cameras.  I did a manual record on the cameras and got video... but that was it.

Very frustrating.  I too have 3 cameras... would really like 2 more, but it was a big financial bite for me just to get those. Love the security when they work.   Sure hope they get their act together soon or I'm asking for my money back.

frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also no alerts today, no recordings in my library, no push - NOTHING - useless

artrix
Guide
Guide

No personal email today from support other than giving me a case number.  No moderator here either - telling us all will be well and when... because the fix is not any time soon?   Very disappointing.

pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

very strange..I've tested my system multiple times since the "fix" was implemented..it's been working very consistently.  First I receive the push notifications then very shortly after I receive the email alert with the link and the library update..is it possible this is a regional issue?  I'm on the east coast..

Jimfr
Guide
Guide
I'm on the West coast, Northern California, and have had no issues since the fix; it's working great.
Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

I am very sorry that I've been delayed responding, and even sorrier to hear that you're experiencing continued issues with the alerts and video recording. For those of you who are having problems, please send me a private message with your contact information. I will ask a support engineer to call you tomorrow to see if they can help you immediately, or gather data to reproduce the issue and get our engineers to resolve this. In the meantime, I'll forward a summary of your feedback to the head of our software development team so that he can begin investigating. Thank you for your feedback and willingness to help us.

Texasmorrell
Tutor
Tutor

I am not getting videos in the library. Everything was working good for a few days. I get instant alerts but no videos. Please fix this. 

pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ Nifer..if you ARLO learn anything as to the root causes of these failures please post the corrective action so we can all learn from it..id be interested to know if the issue is wireless speed related, or network provider related or some type of firewall..anything that would make us all smarter..it appears as though this system is more complex than we all understand.

Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

Pnickel, definitely. Currently we believe the issue is a bottle neck in the network. We worked with Amazon on the hardware side to see if we could quickly scale the servers but concluded that the fastest way to resolve the issue and get the critical alerts back on track was to temporarily disable the alert counter. This is why iSage correctly observed that it was set to 0. We are redesigning the counter feature to re-enable it without overwhelming the network.

My goal is to work with each concerned customer on this site to understand why disabling the counter has not resolved the issue fully. That will help us fix the issue for everyone.

i appreciate the feedback and patience as we investigate this further. Thank you all!

artrix
Guide
Guide

Private message sent - received email from NETGEAR Support Expert - forwarded all that - mostly just a list of what has happened.

Gutty
Guide
Guide
I'm on open dns at home internet but on att lte during work hours. would this cause a problem? I get notifications but no video shows up and when it does it soon dissapears
Gutty
Guide
Guide
I'm on east coast. NW pa.
Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

Gutty, I don't think that should make a difference, but I'm checking with our lead software developer. Thanks for providing these details!