Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dual triggers with the same camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have two cameras in my backyard that pretty much cover the whole yard.  Im wanting one camera to activate the recording for both cameras in the backyard in the instance of motion.  Likewise im also wanting the other camera to do the same thing..so basically anytime either camera in the backyard picks up motion, both cameras record.  Anyone got thoughts on if this is possible or not?  Ive tried setting up rules, but once a camera is being used it doesnt let you select it to set up rules(limitation of system perhaps)

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When i played around with it a while back,

You able to get cam A to start record on cam B or C or D

Also able to get cam A to start record on cam B and C and D

but not all recording at same time... you loose one cam to be the trigger.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello mountaindewbass, 

This setup is possible, you'll have to create 4 rules. One for each camera and the other two rules to activate camera1 when motion is detected on camera2 and vise versa. But this will not work at the same time. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
DarrenM
Sage
Sage

Hello Moutaindewbass,

What JohnR and Tommac said is correct you can record with both cameras when 1 cameras motion is set off you do need to have 4 rules for the mode.

First Rule -  Select Motion is detected on camera 1 and to Record Video on camera 1.

Second Rule- Select Motion is detected on camera 1 and to Record Video on camera 2.

Third rule-  Select Motion is detected on camera 2 and to Record Video on camera 2.

Fourth Rule- Select Motion is detected on camera 2 and to Record Video on camera 1.

Once all of the rules have been added to a mode you can then set up your schedule. 

Look into this article for more information how to set up your rules.What are rules and how do I create them?

I hope this helps

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks

DarrenM

Arlo Team 

mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

I understand the limitations of the camera system now.  I was trying to get one camera to be the trigger and record along with another camera.  But its not possible to have one camera's motions trigger two cameras to record..which is a bummer.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation