Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Door sensor option (i.e.: z-wave door sensor)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
acorreia
Follower
Follower

Instead of motion detection, can a camera be synced to turn on when a door opens?  Example: I'd like to install in backyard where fence door is located, but a range of things would set the camera off in motion detect mode alone (leaves, a squirrel, kids playing, etc... ) so, it would make sense if it could start recording only if the backyard door were to be opened.  An old camera system I had was synced to a z-wave door sensor and it would start to record only when the sensor activated which was perfect.  Arlo support, any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not at this time, tho it may be a good idea to put into the request area...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Another SmartHome request, I really hope NetGear is listening and if they do listen, I hope their SmartHome offerings are not proprietary.

Stick with Z-Wave, been tested, proven and it's universal for many SmartHome products!

-Robert
heathg
Initiate
Initiate

I agree. 

First- love the cameras and the ease of use...  but the idea of pre- senors to start recording is going to be key.  I have had the cameras for one weekend. And they capture as the person has passed or walked away, (you have 10-15 seconds of nothing, maybe a back shot as the leave or come into the zone.

I believe this will be the biggest issue for them to overcome.  10 capture's only one good one to use... the rest garbage.  The system is to slow to respond and start recording. 

Netgear.. If your team is reading this. Please think about additional add-on sensors, someone can walk by and trigger prior to the camera capture'

Thanks for listening 

H

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation