Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does motion trigger turn off in "live view"?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jmarkj
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am running the wireless camera and I get notifications throughout the day when motion is detected. But when I am looking at it in "live view" the little motion icon goes away. We are trying to catch vandals who are in and out very quickly and I need to be able to capture the pictures. If I am just killing time and looking in "live view", will it record if someone trips the motion sensor? It appears to me that it will not.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jmarkj wrote:
I am running the wireless camera and I get notifications throughout the day when motion is detected. But when I am looking at it in "live view" the little motion icon goes away. We are trying to catch vandals who are in and out very quickly and I need to be able to capture the pictures. If I am just killing time and looking in "live view", will it record if someone trips the motion sensor? It appears to me that it will not.

When you are viewing in LIVE mode, you over-ride the MOTION sense command....If you are in live view it will not record motion BUT you can manually start a record while viewing by clicking on the "circle with dot"

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jmarkj wrote:

When you are viewing in LIVE mode, you over-ride the MOTION sense command....If you are in live view it will not record motion BUT you can manually start a record while viewing by clicking on the "circle with dot"

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation