Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
EbenFowler
Initiate
Initiate

I have the original Arlo base station. Is it capable of taking advantage of all of the features of the Arlo Pro cameras, including 2 way audio and the siren feature?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro Camera features are backward compatible with your existing base station.

The Arlo Pro Base Station features (such as siren and local storage) will not be available when using an Arlo Pro camera with an Arlo Wire-free base station.

For more information on these new features, see here: What new features does Arlo Pro offer?

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure of the audio features as they don't really play thru the base...but the siren is in the new base unit (TBMK)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the documentation and FAQs on the Pro - most answers are there.  Apparently no one here has one of these cameras yet.

Based on my reading, any new features won't work through an old base.  That would mean audio, siren and USB support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro Camera features are backward compatible with your existing base station.

The Arlo Pro Base Station features (such as siren and local storage) will not be available when using an Arlo Pro camera with an Arlo Wire-free base station.

For more information on these new features, see here: What new features does Arlo Pro offer?

JamesC

tintin91
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm hoping that Arlo would offer soon existing users to upgrade our Wire-Free Base Station to Arlo Pro Base Station to have the siren and local storage options.

Hopefully someone with direct contact with Arlo ask the question if possible.

thanks,

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation