Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Create rule to activate multiple cameras if motion is detected on one

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JypseaRose
Star
Star

Since it takes several seconds for cameras to activate, could I set a rule for a select number of cameras to auto activate if a particular camera detects motion? That way, the cameras are awake & recording should an event take place.

Thx!

6 REPLIES 6
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Hi. I have just asked a very similar question. The answer is YES you can. You have to set them up through the modes and rules. I have set a camera to activate when another is activated. The info is all in the FAQ on rules and modes. Hope this helps.

JypseaRose
Star
Star

Thx,Geoff! 

I think I have it figured out!! I gave it a go & will try in the morning!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I run this on a few cameras...  works well and i found it's best to keep in order ( first and third rule , then secondeary record  rule)

First Rule -  Select Motion is detected on camera 1 and to Record Video on camera 1.

Second Rule- Select Motion is detected on camera 1 and to Record Video on camera 2.

Third rule-  Select Motion is detected on camera 2 and to Record Video on camera 2.

Fourth Rule- Select Motion is detected on camera 2 and to Record Video on camera 1.

(repeat if more cams, cam 3 on 3 ...)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MarkDallas
Tutor
Tutor

I just did the same thing with a Front Porch and Mailbax camera. But even with the rules set and selected in Mode, the Front Porch records but not the Mailbox. Front Porch records fine,  but nothing on the Mailbox camera.

I also set the reversion rule up and it does not work either.  Mailbox camera records, but nothing on the Front Porch.

So.... can multiple cameras record at the SAME time?

JypseaRose
Star
Star

My expansion kit arrived today. I'm going to play & see if it works. I'll let you know. 

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

MarkDallas wrote:

I just did the same thing with a Front Porch and Mailbax camera. But even with the rules set and selected in Mode, the Front Porch records but not the Mailbox. Front Porch records fine,  but nothing on the Mailbox camera.

I also set the reversion rule up and it does not work either.  Mailbox camera records, but nothing on the Front Porch.

So.... can multiple cameras record at the SAME time?

Hi MarkDallas

It should work for you as it does for others including myself.

If you follow TomMacs posting above, it is quite detailed.

Don't forget to click on the 'SAVE' button after each step!!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation