Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing username / email address

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
arak331
Follower
Follower

I need to change the username / email address.  How do I do that?  I can only see how to change the password.  Help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello @arak331 ,

In order to change your username/email address, please folow the below steps:

1. Log on to My.Netgear Registration Page
  2. Use the credentials you used to sign in to the Arlo account.
  3. Once signed in, please select "My Profile".
  4. Change the Email and password to the one you desire to have.
  5. Please save the changes.
  6. Sign in to the Arlo account then go to Settings.
  7. Under Account Settings select Personal Information and change the email and then enter the new password > Click on “Confirmed the email to receive motion alert"> Select Send.
  8. Open your email and Open the confirmation email make sure you confirm the email. 
  9. Sign in to the Arlo account again using the new credentials > Settings> Personal Information> you would know that the email is confirmed when you see "Confirmed" below the username. That means that you have successfully changed the email/username.

If you do run into any issues or have any questions regarding the above steps, please let us know.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello @arak331 ,

In order to change your username/email address, please folow the below steps:

1. Log on to My.Netgear Registration Page
  2. Use the credentials you used to sign in to the Arlo account.
  3. Once signed in, please select "My Profile".
  4. Change the Email and password to the one you desire to have.
  5. Please save the changes.
  6. Sign in to the Arlo account then go to Settings.
  7. Under Account Settings select Personal Information and change the email and then enter the new password > Click on “Confirmed the email to receive motion alert"> Select Send.
  8. Open your email and Open the confirmation email make sure you confirm the email. 
  9. Sign in to the Arlo account again using the new credentials > Settings> Personal Information> you would know that the email is confirmed when you see "Confirmed" below the username. That means that you have successfully changed the email/username.

If you do run into any issues or have any questions regarding the above steps, please let us know.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
rmoorhead
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I already have an existing Netgear account for my other suite of Netgear products, so when I go to change my email address for Arlo to the address on my existing Netgear account, it says "This email address is already associated with an existing Netgear account. Please select a different email address". Please advise how i "merge" the two accounts so i have a single Netgear and Arlo account, with one email address? Thanks.

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Good afternoon @rmoorhead ,

Check out this community post and let me know if this answers your question regarding the merging of an existing Netgear account with your Arlo account.

Community Topic: Can't reuse an already existing Netgear (non-Arlo) e-mail address account?

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
gcunningham50
Aspirant
Aspirant

the web site does not reconize my email address

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello @gcunningham50,

Which website are you referring to that is not recoginizing your email address?

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
sonnykelly671
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed my email address and I am still receiving emails in my old email address. Have can I received the emails in my new address created? 

JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Good Day sonnykelly, 

The email address you have used to register the base station will be the first email to get notifications even if you change your email on your "Personal Information" on the Settings page. Please check your your rules and see if the old emails is still tied up to the notifications, you may follow this link below: 

How do I turn on/off email notifications?

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
Kunyuk22
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have tried all our email addresses and the system says that none are correct??? We are confused, so now we cannot get the camera connected...even to change the information, we still need the "original" information that was used...hence which is the mystery...need assistance please...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kunyuk22,

The email address that you used for setup would have received a confirmation email to complete the setup process. Do any of your email addresses have that confirmation email? This would let you know which email address was used to go through setup.

JamesC

Oceanbreeze1999
Initiate
Initiate
The verification email I added to the Arlington account has been changed, I didn't do this how can I regain access to reset that email?
Oceanbreeze1999
Initiate
Initiate
Email account back up (not Arlington )
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation