Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
hscox030
Follower
Follower

I have an iPhone running latest version of iOS and the Arlo app and the 4 camera pack.  I have all the cameras outside and can make changes under Rules for two of the cameras but when I make a change (sensitivity, recording time, etc.) the 'Done' shows up but is grayed out.  My only option in 'Cancel' so I'm wondering why I can make changes to only two of the four cameras.  Is there a setting I'm missing, only have configured on two of the camera or is this by intent?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
This may sound like a real strange answer but try changing the name of the camera or the rule. The same thing happened with 2 of my cameras. Strangely enough I simple took a letter or two out of the camera name and it solved the problem.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Once in awhile you will encounter some odd glitches on the system.. Yes, this is one of them.. It could be something to do with the Apps, Server or your Internet not responding.. All you have to do sometimes from your iOS is stop the Application by logout & log back in for a couple of minutes.. Showguy is right also by changing the names.. or if it still doesn't do it do a "Restart" under "Base Station Settings".. 

eLCapitan
Guide
Guide

Hi,

have the same issue with the iOS App. Via Web it is no Problem.

Target_Acquired
Apprentice
Apprentice
I reboot my computers and my Internet modem and routers usually on a weekly basis or whenever major updates are available. Would it possibly help if I also rebooted my base unit at the same time, you know, as a "best practice"?
Target_Acquired
Apprentice
Apprentice
I mean… Could it help with this iOS app issue?
FedericaC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello hscox030,

It sounds like an issue with the iOS app itself. However, to be be 100% sure, we'd need to isolate it.

Did you try to save the changes via web interface? Does it work?

If the issue occurs on iOS only, you could try unistalling/re-installyng the Arlo app.

Best Regards,
Federica

Stemai
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

I have the same issue im trying to increase the time of recording but it never saves my changes. I have tried on my android tablet, Iphone 5 and on my desktop computer. I have also changed the name of my rule.

Software update badly needed in my opinion...
FedericaC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Stemai,

Please check that your cameras are running the latest firmware 1.2.2545, and your Base Station is running the 1.4.2627. A software update will usually do.

Best Regards,
Federica

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Community members,

@Stemai - As FedericaC has posted, it is important to be sure you are running the latest firmware version in order to stay up to date with the most current provisions of our Arlo system. 

I would like to add that the iOS app issue is known by our Engineering team, who is currently working on the resolution.

We will keep the Community informed of our latest developments through our Release Notes found here: Release Notes

Thank you all for your time and patience and for keeping the Community informed.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Zm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was purchased the system about 2weeks age. And right know I have the same problem, when I tap the 'mode' tag, it's always in 'getting information', I can't change the rules. Even on website it's only work in 3 times of 10. Then I found the USB light on the base is flashing but I didn't insert any usb equipment. I reset the whole system, unstall and intall the App on my iPhone. But nothing happens. Because last mounts someone break into my house and stolen many valuable items, then I setup the system to avoid a next time, but right now I'm so disappointed, pls solve this problem ASAP!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zm,

Welcome to the community! We are aware of this issue and our development team is working diligently toward a resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience in this process. We will provide an update as soon as possible.

Thank you!

JamesC

JonArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wanted to respond to this 6 month old post and let you know that this same issue with iOS is still here today in early Jan 2017. Can you confirm if this was ever fixed and what we can do to fix it? The issue is when the modes change we often lose our settings and it doesnt reord or notify. Please can you update on when a fix of this key critical feature will be coming... Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation