Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot find the Camera On/Off feature in latest IOS app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lesliechu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I just have my new cameras configured today. Per the user manual there should be an option in settings manual to turn on/off the cameras however I didn't find it in my IOS app that I just downloaded today.

I just want to save the battery when I am at home. 

Any idea?

Thanks,

Leslie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The latest apps have an on/off switch in Settings, My devices, your cameras. However, simply disaming the cameras using the Disarmed mode puts the cameras in a sleep mode which uses virtually no battery.  You can use the schedule to automate this or manually switch modes as needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The latest apps have an on/off switch in Settings, My devices, your cameras. However, simply disaming the cameras using the Disarmed mode puts the cameras in a sleep mode which uses virtually no battery.  You can use the schedule to automate this or manually switch modes as needed.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Disarming or Turning off the camera use about the same amount of power...

the major difference is if the camera is DISARMED, you can wake it up and view it ( or so can another if shared ) while if the camera is TURNED OFF, it can't be used at all till turned back on... ( like maybe a bedroom or private area ,esp if you do share the cameras )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
lesliechu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks all for your answers. It seemed the app was upgraded last night and now I am able to see the on/off option in camera settings. 

However, I believe you are right that doesn't make big difference between turning off and disarmed mode. So I will just change it to disarmed mode when I am at home or probably I can use the gepfencing feature.

Thanks again.

Leslie'

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation