Cannot Stop Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
valentine0319
Follower
Follower

New ARLO today and I really like it.  But when setting up a rule, I cannot get it associated with motionoff.  So the motion is never off..  Can someone walk me through a rule to associate with Motion Off so I can use that.   I do not need to record everytime I get up in my room.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

valentine0319 wrote:

New ARLO today and I really like it.  But when setting up a rule, I cannot get it associated with motionoff.  So the motion is never off..  Can someone walk me through a rule to associate with Motion Off so I can use that.   I do not need to record everytime I get up in my room.

first make sure you have a RULE for each camera ( sense setting , record time,  etc )

You should have two default modes ;  ALL ON and ALL OFF.

If they or one is deleted, you can create it.

Look at the MODE called ALL OFF.... SETTINGS/MODES, click on the edit pencil.

a camera line will look like this;

Captureoff.JPG

There will be a line for each camera, notice the BLACK CHECK MARK at the end of the line ( it toggles green/black )

BLACK IS OFF, GREEN IS ON.

Make sure all cameras in ALL OFF mode are check black so motion detect is off.

It works the same way for other modes... If you have INSIDE cams and OUTSIDE cams as modes;

In MODE - INSIDE CAMS ON , all lines with inside cams will be green , all outside cameras lines will be BLACK

opposite for MODE - OUTSIDE CAMS ON.

You only need ONE MODE for ALL OFF, runing any new mode will over-ride the previous running mode.

So use the all motion off, go to LIVE CAM view and then running man should be GRAY  for motion detect off... if running man is GREEN, motion is active

hope this helps.

PS...so if you have 4 cameras and only want ONE on, that one cam line will be the line with a green check , all others black

So to make a new MODE -  Game room cam,  Go to settings , Modes, hit ADD.  A new mode will come up. Name it as you want, cams A,B,C will be black, Cam D will be green,  SAVE as you exit ......  The MODE ALL OFF will turn off any other mode

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Irish2
Tutor
Tutor

I have a similar issue.  I turn motion on/off when needed that works fine.  However, the motion camera system has on occasion turned  itself on again after I have logged off.  I notice there are two levels of 'motion on'. Even when on/off switch is placed in off motion - the camera list as you have shown above remains on - do I need to turn off each camera also? that does'nt make sense so I am not sure - if I turn each camera off motion will the first level of motion still function.  Thanks..

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the ALL MOTION OFF mode ( default mode with all on ).... set it ALL MOTION OFF and then check to make sure in live view screen the 'running men' are all grey.

If any are still green, then correct the MODE as it is incorrect ( in ALL OFF mode all cams must have a black (off) check mark )

A new mode will over write any previou mode !

Camote
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem reported on this thread.  Is there a solution for this issue?

When try to delected the green check box it doesnt change - the box remains checked

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Camote,

What check box are you referring to? The quickest and easiest way to disable motion detection would be to switch the mode on your system to "Disarmed". This will turn off motion detection for all cameras synced to that system.

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@james

James... he's responding to a thread from June of 2015.... check mark in rules for motion.  No longer a valid problem as the SW changed so much in 2016 and the rules are different format now

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation