Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
shopkins1994
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Everyone. I just got in my two camera system and I cannot get motion detection to work on either camera. I do the "Motion Detection Test" on both cameras and neither one "Flashes it's amber light" no matter what I set the sensitivity to. I have both cameras pointed in a room and I walk in front of the camera, across it's path at various distances and nothing. Nada. I also cannot get it to record anything, even with "All Motion On" mode enabled. I can view both cameras in the live mode though. It's just that no motion is ever detected. 

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. 

Thanks,

Sam

10 REPLIES 10
MelvinRusk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same exact problem!

Scott-B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am havinf the same problem on one camera,

aalt69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey all, you need to update your firmware for base and then resync your camera. Had the same issue and as soon as updated to FW for base to 1.3xxxx all worked (Motion test led). I went through some other steps via netgear help, but I think if you go to your base station setting turn off your auto update, turn back on and click restart button it should update. Your box led turns Amber then turn green, then turn Amber again and finally all three green led will turn back on. Re sync camera with base. That should take care of issue.. If not I can try and recall what I did exactly and post. Good luck! Sorry for any typos and grammar. It's late for me and typing from phone.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, current versions should be as of this post;

Base      =  1.3.2261

camera  =  1.2.2222

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
L_J
Aspirant
Aspirant

Motion detection is failing for me too.

My FW Version is 1.2.1728 and my Auto Update FW is set to on.  How do I force the FW upgrade to a version that will fix motion detection?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

L_J wrote:

Motion detection is failing for me too.

My FW Version is 1.2.1728 and my Auto Update FW is set to on.  How do I force the FW upgrade to a version that will fix motion detection?

• Select Settings > Base Station.
  • Make sure that the Auto Update FW setting is set to the on position.
  • Restart your Arlo base station.

Morse is faster than texting!
DianeG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too, am having issues with motion detector.  I've done everything I can find and it stil doesn't work.  😞

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello DianeG,

Are you having troubles with one camera or both?

jashline6811
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same problem until I switched off the scheduling slide tab, then it worked. I wish I could make it more sensitive....
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon DianeG,

Were you able to get your motion detection working as expected? If so, what did you do to resolve the issue? If you still need further assistance please let us know and we can open a support case for you and work with you directly.

I look forward to your update!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation