Can live stream & manually record but motion isn't getting picked io

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Hayley
Follower
Follower
I bought 3 Arlo cameras yesterday & all are supposed to detect motion however they don't! It will only record & go to my library when I manually record. How can this be fixed??
13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the running men in the Cameras tab are gray, not black. That means no mode to allow recording is set. Go to the Mode tab, select your system and turn on at least the Armed mode. It would be worthwhile to create your own modes with appropriate rules and investigate the schedule.

Rabrigo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having same problem. The recommendation didnt work.
Rabrigo
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do i get my camera to detect motion. Alr already tried turning on armed or even turned on all motion. Did not help. What do i do now?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need details. Are the running men in the Cameras tab black or gray? More info is better than not enough.

Jo10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue.  Successful install.  all went well for 1 day then suddenly 1 camera is not recording and 3 are then on top of that 1 is recording motion when it feels like it. Not ocnsistant.  I have done all the online bits to try fix that I can and even put motion detection up to 100 but nothing. Can live watch but no detection when off.  Are there any other choices to fix this? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, what are the running men colors in the Camera tab?  If gray, no motion will be detected/recorded.

fedupalot
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have only one Arlo, and still can't figure out why all by itself the man comes and goes. It will
Be black one second, and change to nothing the next. Frustrating!! The app sucks! What is this about rules and modes??confusing! I found one page where it said to nothing for the action when motion detected and I never told it to do this. Duh! Of course I want to be notified. That is the whole point of having these cameras. Would not give me the option to change it. Almost feels like it's hacked. Help
NBelle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem. I attached a screenshot of my cameras. Earlier today, the grey man was black for the Side camera. The side camera is on a tree, but it doesn't sense motion where I need it to: near the window and the garage that do not face the street.
Right now I set up the "Cam1 motion / Cam1 record" + "Cam1 motion / Cam2 record" rule as suggested on another thread, but when I walked the dogs today, the Front camera did not go off when I exited and returned to the front door.

Dual Camera
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the running man is gray, nothinng will be detected/recorded.  That has to be fixed first in your modes/rules.  The side camera isn't enabled at all.  There have been reports of issues using one camera to trigger another recently - perhaps this is one of them.

The distance for your side camera is a bit much although it doesn't look like there's much else to attach the camera to.  You could try attaching to the garage corner pointed mostly down but it will be trial and error to see if you can get a good location.

Cdp224
Aspirant
Aspirant
I mounted a wireless camera outside today. Prior to being outside, I had no issues with motion detection. Now, it doesn't seem to work. Sensitivity is set at 100%, which is supposed to be highly sensitive. The mode is set to record and send notification when movement is detected. I have walked in and out, done jumping jacks, nothing detected. The running guy will be solid black, but as I stand there, he turns gray.
Cdp224
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_2016-06-06-19-47-56~01.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try angling the camera down a bit but the running man turning gray is an issue.  It should be black and turn amber/orange on motion.  You never see that?

Cdp224
Aspirant
Aspirant

I played around with it a bit. After I deleted all the rules and re-input the rules, it started working just like it needs to.  I'm not sure what was set up incorrectly before, but as soon as I deleted the rules and replaced them, it has been working perfectly ever since.  Thank you for your response!