Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Guide
Guide

Hi

I have my Arlo system set up.  I receive motion alerts via my iphone app as well as by email.

Can I turn off the email alters?  I cannot see anywhere to do so or otherwise manage my altert settings.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, choose system, edit modes. Set email and app notifications in the same place. Repeat for each camera in the Mode.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, choose system, edit modes. Set email and app notifications in the same place. Repeat for each camera in the Mode.

RobertWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not get that option when I go to mode,  all I get are 4 options Armed, Disarmed, Schedule and All motion on, I have it on Armed with motion and sound detection on. All of a sudden I am geting an email every time motion is detected, I like the notifications on smart phone but not the emails, surely you can stop them but my Arlo page does not  have mode tab then system etc, why can't I find a way to contact ARLO , I love the system but they must not want to be reached, please help, I cant have all these emails coming. Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you attempt to edit the modes?  Notifications are set inside the modes.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RobertWilson,

Navigate to Modes > Click the pencil icon on the mode that you use to detect motion (ex. "Armed") > click edit on the rule you desire to change > turn on/off push/email notifications. You will want to do this for each camera that you do not wish to send e-mail notification alerts. Be sure to leave Push notifications enabled if you wish to receive push notifications from your cameras. After you are finished making changes be sure to click save.

JamesC

Nicolaisen
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks - i had the same problem, but now it is fixed by following your advice. But i still need the opportunity to write to Arlo helpdisk.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nicolaisen wrote:

But i still need the opportunity to write to Arlo helpdisk.

See the big Support link at the top of these pages?  Click it. Look for the Contact Support link and click it. Choose your poison.

tonyg753
Aspirant
Aspirant

nothing under mode or anywhere else lists ARMED

JamesC wrote:

RobertWilson,

Navigate to Modes > Click the pencil icon on the mode that you use to detect motion (ex. "Armed") > click edit on the rule you desire to change > turn on/off push/email notifications. You will want to do this for each camera that you do not wish to send e-mail notification alerts. Be sure to leave Push notifications enabled if you wish to receive push notifications from your cameras. After you are finished making changes be sure to click save.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you go to the Mode tab, select your base or Q camera.  Then you'll see your modes.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation