Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I pause motion detection for the next x hours?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlocurious
Tutor
Tutor

I have motion detection set up for a couple of outdoor cameras and am pretty happy.... until we get a windy day.

I can turn off the motion detection and then turn it back on a few hours later... but memory isn't what it once was and I forget to turn it back on.  (At least that is what I tell myself, maybe my memory wasn't really as good as I remember it being.)

Is there a way to say... turn off motion detection for the next 4 hours and then automatically turn it back on again?    (Doesn't have to be 4 hours... could be anything from 1 hour to 12 hours and I'd be happy.)

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the schedule, its not that hard to set up

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
arlocurious
Tutor
Tutor

Hmmm... thinking...

• I want to be able to simply pause the motion detection for the next 4 hours
  • I want to be able to do that at any time of day, any day of the week
  • I do not know in advance when that time of day I will need to do this.... would just be whenever the wind picks up.

I think I could create a default schedule that records 24x7, and then go edit the schedule to turn it off for the next 4 hours.  But (1) that is several steps to take every time I want to do it and (2) I'll have to remember to go back and reset the schedule to 24x7 again (or the system won't record during that 4 hour windows next week.)  

Is there a better way to do it?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

arlocurious
and (2) I'll have to remember to go back and reset the schedule to 24x7 again (or the system won't record during that 4 hour windows next week.)  

Is there a better way to do it?

Yes... Just got to MODE hit DISARMED

Next put post-it on fridge ( or where you will se it ) that cameras are disarmed

Go to MODE hit ARMED when wanted...

Save post-it to reuse next time

Sorry, but couldn't help... its a simple ARM/DISARMED then, there is no easier way at this time.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation