Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras suddenly stopped detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Passerby1010
Tutor
Tutor

I thought I finally had things working smoothly. After days of trying to get my new system running smoothly, finally for the last three solid days all four cameras were detecting motion, sending notifications, and recording videos like clockwork. It was beautiful. The videos were showing up in the library on time and everything. I was even about to convince my brother down the street that he needs this system.

But today my husband went out the back door and left the house via the view of two of my cameras ...and nothing. After 15 minutes, a recording popped up in the library for one camera but there was never a motion notification. The other camera did nothing... no recording, no notification, nothing video in the library. Nothing, nothing, nothing! It has now been 45 minutes, and still nothing. Aaarrrrrrrggggh!!! I am so disappointed. Arlo, can you give me better than this for my $500?? I bought these cameras for security.

5 REPLIES 5
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Try restarting your base station..... For me, Push notifications works 50/50 at best.  I have lowered my expectation on this system months ago...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Passerby1010,

When you say notification are you referring to push notifications or e-mail alerts? Are both enabled within the rules for your cameras (Mode > click the pencil icon next to the active mode > click edit next to the rule you want to check > toggle push notifications/e-mail alerts)?

Are you still experiencing this same behavior?

JamesC

Passerby1010
Tutor
Tutor

I have checked to be sure that cameras are enabled within the rules for my) cameras. They work sometimes and sometimes they don't. sometimes. The base unit has three green lights. Should I reset it? I'm reading of the problems many are having after resetting the base, and the system not working at all anymore. At least mine is working sometimes and if it quits working altogether, I will cry.

Fastmike
Star
Star

Yep, I do agree. The Netgear system is not very reliable in that aspect. Mainly for a 'security system', it does work 50/50 at best... That is disappointing for the high price! I have been waiting for a firmware upgrade that will fix but nothing ever came.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Passerby1010,

Consider a base station restart (not a reset, simply power off/on using the on-off button on the back). Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green internet LED and then test again.

You might also take a look at this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: Optimizing motion detection performance on Arlo Wire-Free cameras

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation