Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not recording,

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
VelocityTrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras have stopped recording motion and I have checked all of the rules and modes, reset, deleted and created new rules, etc. nothing seems to help. We live an hour away from the site where the cameras are so it is not convenient to run over and sync everything or reset! 

I added a camera to our 4 camera system, which has been working great up to this point. When I added the new camera I also moved the other 4 to new locations, everything was working great when I was onsite and set up the cameras. It was recording movement, videos are in the library. 

After I left none of them are working. We have a night security person who checks on things every hour, I could watch him live walking around but cameras were not picking up motion and recording. I have checked the sensitivity and set it high. Still nothing. 

In my dashboard each camera shows the running man as black. Is it supposed to be green? I thought I rememebered him being green before. I also noticed that recently there has been a new upgrade and look to the dashboard so many of the old posts on how to fix things seem to mention things that I no longer have showing up on my dashboard. 

Any help would be appreciated as I mentioned, we are an hour from the site with the cameras so it is not easy to physically go and make changes, only on my online dashboard. 

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

VelocityTrain wrote:

After I left none of them are working. We have a night security person who checks on things every hour, I could watch him live walking around but cameras were not picking up motion and recording. I have checked the sensitivity and set it high. Still nothing. 

In my dashboard each camera shows the running man as black. Is it supposed to be green?

First, with the new update , the "running man" is BLACK if on , GRAY if off...  so black is good.

As to the sensitivity, I do think the new s/w has altered the sensitivity of the Arlo cameras ( why , I have no idea , still testing ) as I see my system degraded a bit.

Hopefully all this will settle out soon.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
VelocityTrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, that solves the green or black running man issue. I have set the sensitivity at 90 but it did not pick up our security guy last night on the cameras. I can go in to the dashboard and record from a camera and it will save my recording in the library but it will not "record on motion" even though everything seems to be set in the rules and modes to do so.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation