Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Paul
Tutor
Tutor

I am fastidious about removing any unwanted videos so when I go to the "Camera" view (first button on the bottom of page), one of my cameras shows a "1" in the smal green box in the left hand corner. When I click this box there is no associated video on the "Library" schedule. I have tryed resetting the camera and resyncing but the "1" remains in the green box. Please help.

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've created a trouble ticket for just this issue. It would probably behoove you to also do so.

Paul
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you jguerdat. Please post the solution if any.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cross-posting since there's at least 3 threads in 3 forums about this issue.

Hmmm...  Knock on wood - no blank videos since last night.

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Paul,

Your issue sounds similar to the issue posted here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/video-count-shown-as-1-but-none-visible/m-p/3200#M8... This should hopefully have been addressed in the patch to our media servers, but if you are still seeing this behavior, please let us know!

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

PaulB
Tutor
Tutor

I still show a 1 in the small green button on the upper left of my first camera. When I click on it it does not refer me to a video on the schedule. All my other camera video indicators work fine. I did re-boot the base station first.

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @PaulB

Thank you for posting in the Community. I will send you a private message shortly in order to gather more information and troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

dogeatdog
Guide
Guide

Mine has the same issue, I have 4 cameras all but one works fine. The one that is not working correctly is showing videos but none are there.

I have taken the batteries out, I have deleted camera from my system and nothing works.

Any help on this?

Paul
Tutor
Tutor

Sadly no. I still have one camera that shows one video and all have been cleared off.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dogeatdog, Paul

Welcome to the community! Consider trying a simple reset of the base station by holding down the reset button on the back until all LEDs flash amber. This will break the sync to each of the cameras. After the base station comes back online (solid green power and internet LEDs) sync each camera back to the base station individually. If that does not fix the issue, consider removing the base station and associated cameras from the account by clicking "deactivate" under
"base station settings" and adding it back to the account. Once added back and online, you can start syncing cameras back to the base station.

Paul, 

It sounds like there is a video in the cloud that for whatever reason did not purge correctly. Have you ever tried clicking the "delete all files" button under "Subscription"?

Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

dogeatdog
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

I have tried all of those and still no luck. I now have a case started and still have no answer.

Dave

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dogeatdog,

Thank you for the update. I am sorry I couldn't assist more. Please let us know the results of the case you have opened!

Regards,

JamesC

JohnnyUtah
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too am having this issue. I have a single base station in two different locations, one with 5 cameras, the other with 4 cameras. 2 cameras in one system show a single video online, but none on the calendar viewer. The other system shows 61!! (not a typo) videos and 159mb online but none on the calendar viewer. I've reset both base stations etc. to no avail. In addition, the 'delete all files' is grayed out on both accounts and not available to select. Haven't tried to delete and reset account yet as it doesn't seem to have worked for others on this thread. I assume it's a software/cloud server issue, not a base station/camera issue.
PaulB
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC, The issue was solved for me by using your suggestion of pushing the button "DELETE ALL FILES" in Settings>Subscription. I was able to save a couple of videos, that I want to share, by marking them as "Favorite". I did not notice this last solution because I stopped reading after you started suggested "removing the base station and associated cameras from the account". I put too much work into labling the cameras and setting up a shedule to even think about messing it up. But all the ghost videos are gone. Thank you, PB

dogeatdog
Guide
Guide

I went back after my continuing frustration and tried one more time what JamesC advised and it worked. So pushing the button "DELETE ALL FILES" in Settings>Subscription does work!!

Thanks again. I will close out my case with Arlo as there wern't any help.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation