Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera recording when there's no motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
fcuccio1
Follower
Follower

We have 3 camera's set up in our house.  I was away and one camera which is in our living room would start to record even though there was no motion.  None of the other cameras recorded while we were away and when we would check the video, we didn't see any motion or what could have set off the camera to record.  Our house was empty.  We also have an alarm system which didn't go off, so we know no one was in the house.

The first time it went off, we were worried, but then checked the video and saw there was no one there so we were kind of relieved, but it kept recording at different times, at least 15 times over 3 days.

Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First you can reset the camera by opening and closing the battery door...

Second, I would check the sense levels on that camera with false triggers as compared to the others.

Third, I'd swap cameras ( the trouble on with a 'good'  one )  to see if the problem is location or camera ( if problem follows camera ).

If the conditon follows the camera, I'd contact Netgear just in case it might be defective.

PS... I've had 2 of my inside cameras go off at times... One turned out to be sunlight change thru the slidiing glass door to floor. Other turned out to be at a certain time of day the sunlight from a skylight would hit a wall mirror.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
fatcat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had the same issue but did what the otherperson wrote to do and problem solved.  hope that worked 4u2

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And there's also a possibility of a spider crawling over the sensor.  I have several such videos as well as some that I suspect were triggered by a spider which didn't crawl over the camera lens so it's just a blank video.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation