Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera does not detect sound/movement in car

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rmanrman9
Follower
Follower

my comment is I put my camera in my car to monitor my car at night. One problem with the windows up it cannot detect sound or movement for some reason does anybody have an answer to this problem without leaving my windows down.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Rmanrman9 wrote:

my comment is I put my camera in my car to monitor my car at night. One problem with the windows up it cannot detect sound or movement for some reason does anybody have an answer to this problem without leaving my windows down.?

As mentioned the Arlo cams can't detect motion thru glass as the glass filters out the IR which the detector uses.

The Q cam would work in the car ( if wifi reaches it ) and it's possible you could run a cigar plug USB adapter and cable to power it ( from the car battery ) as it uses pixel based detection.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which camera - wireless or Q? The wireless cameras don't work through windows due to the type of motion detection and don't have any sound capability. The Q camera does both but is only rated for indoors. You could get clever with housings and power supply but that's on you.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Rmanrman9 wrote:

As mentioned the Arlo cams can't detect motion thru glass as the glass filters out the IR which the detector uses.

The Q cam would work in the car ( if wifi reaches it ) and it's possible you could run a cigar plug USB adapter and cable to power it ( from the car battery ) as it uses pixel based detection.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation