Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

Today I noticed that one of my cameras was not picking up motion.  The "running man" is green on my camera screen and I have tried the motion dection test, the camera is detecting motion.  But, it will only actually record motion sometimes and then only when a subject comes close.  Right now I have it set to record a door about 15 feet away and at that distance it won't pick up motion.  I have tried to reset the camera by opening the battery door, but it hasn't helped.  I even set the sensitivity up to 100%, but that didn't resolve the issue.  I reset the base station, no change.  I resync the camera and base station, no change...the camera still only records every once in a while.  Last thing (even though I really felt there would be no change), I logged out and then back into my Arlo app...still no help.  Suggestions PLEASE!!!

4 REPLIES 4
blue5
Initiate
Initiate

I just had this issue..   Green running man was on.. I end up moving the camera so the target moves across the line of site,not towards the camera...  For whatever reason I noticed on all the cams that they don't record movement if the target moves towards the camera.. 

tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you for the response; however, my camera is already set up so that it will capture someone crossing the field of vision. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have more than one camera, Try and swap the " problem " camera with another to see if it's the camera or location.

It's possible that it could be defective and this will eliminate that

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

I repositioned the camera closer to the door and now seems to work correctly.  I will monitor to see if the camera continue to work as advertised.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation