Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Naming Bug for Android App

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rompere
Follower
Follower

Hi All - There is a bug in the Android app where you can't view stored videos.  This happened to me after one of my cameras failed.  I needed to swap out a camera at a particular location, and then named the new camera the same as the old camera (e.g. "Driveway", after first removing the old camera from the system).  When I use the Andoid app to look at newly recorded videos, nothing shows.  However, if I go to the web interface (www.arlo.com), everything is visible.  

Once I change the name to anything else (e.g. a new name never used before), the video's now show in the Android app without issue.

Hoping someone from the Arlo team can share this issue with the app team.

6 REPLIES 6
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Rompere,

I have tested this on my Android device (Android 5.1.1, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) and was not able to replicate what you are experiencing. What is the Android OS Version, and Arlo App version that you have installed on your device?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing happened with mine. I needed to swap out a camera at a particular location, and then named the new camera the same as the old camera after first removing the old camera from the system. When I use the Andoid app to look at newly recorded videos, nothing shows. Website is correct.

Android OS 5.1.1
Arlo app 1.10.4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rgtucker,

Consider reinstalling the Arlo mobile app to isolate the issue further. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue after you have reinstalled the app.

JamesC

rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Re-installed the app several times. Library continued to show 2 cameras with the same name without recordings. Finally changed the name of the active camera and cleared the problem. Guess you cannot just replace a camera using the same name.

Thanks
rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update: The previous named camera that was removed from system now appears in the library. So now I have a non-used camera name in the list. How do I remove?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rgtucker,

I have escalated this issue for further investigation. Are you still experiencing this? What devices are you experiencing this on?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation