Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Menu not showing new camera (Green preview)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I had a good search first. I recently recieved my new add-on camera from a 'pink contrast' issue. Put new batteries in it, sync'd it up and it appeared in the app (android)

However it is only showing a green preview. It still records on motion fine.

If I force it to stream then stop, it updates the preview and then shows the battery and motion icon but still doesnt show the 'number of recordings' in the top right and next time I log into the app it is back to no icons and green preview again!
SOMETIMES, if I reboot the hub it will show everything! Then just reverts again next time I log in....

Web interface seems to have the same problem. Also tried changing the camera order in the list.

Screenshot-
http://i.imgsafe.org/44c4527.png

Have I missed a fix on this somewhere? Anyone else share my issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After bringing in a new camera, sometimes a cache cleaning is needed both in the PC and app... In Android, go to apps and clear the cache ( NOT the data which is your login )

Also sometimes, a simple reboot of the base via the power button clears things up.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After bringing in a new camera, sometimes a cache cleaning is needed both in the PC and app... In Android, go to apps and clear the cache ( NOT the data which is your login )

Also sometimes, a simple reboot of the base via the power button clears things up.

Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks TomMac, helpful as usual.
I tried a full cache and data wipe from the app, a full power reset of the hub, another camera reset, and something I didnt do before; remove the camera and resync it. Still have the same problem 😞 Ive traded a pink picture for a pure green picture with this RMA...

Any other ideas? Is there a way to do a factory reset? Do we think this is a server, camera or hub issue?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Tulley wrote:

Any other ideas? Is there a way to do a factory reset? Do we think this is a server, camera or hub issue?

A full reset now.... is to hold in the RESET button ( paperclip) till the LEDs on the front flash  , about 5-10 sec

If you want the whole hog, I'd try to deactivate the camera from the base ( last ditch effort ) and then reset and then  add back cams as a new device

Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice
Scrap my last update Tom. One of those 3 things I tried sorted it but for some reason it took a short while. Ive closed and reopened the app a few times and it is still showing all info and preview. Thanks for your help
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation