Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Capture

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

I have a couple of questions about Arlo.

First:  Sometimes, when I'm at work, I will log onto Arlo to see what is going on in front of my house.  One time I saw someone walking in front of my house so I clicked on the camera button so I could have a still photo of the person.  When I went into my library there was a picture there but the person was not in it!  Is there a delay from the time you push the camera button to when the picture is actually captured?

2nd question, but more of an observation:  Before this newest app update, when I logged onto Arlo I would see the date and time of the last video on the opening screeen.  Now when I log onto Arlo it does not show the date & time.  Is it somewhere else or is this feature no longer available?

I have had my Arlo for about 7 mos now and I really like it.  I am trying to make my batteries last longer by being selective about when I have it running.  During the Christmas season, when I was ordering things on-line, Arlo was a value tool to make sure my deliveries arrived and were safe!

Thanks for a great product!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) There could be a lag in getting a recording.  Depending on how fast the object is moving and where it was when you clicked, you could well have missed it.  You'd need to test to see if it's normal or if just a one time thing.

2) The timestamp in the camera view is no longer.  You'd have to visit the library to see the actual timestamp.

Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

I thought we were told nothing was taken away with the new app.?  I liked having that feature because, like I stated, I don't always have my camera set up to record. (trying to save on batteries).  I could log onto my Arlo account and see the date and the time of when I last checked on my house.  Now, because I'm not set up to record there will be nothing in my library to view and nothing will show on the home page!

Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

I figured out a solution to the problem.  Smiley Happy  From now on, when I go on-line to see what is currently going on, I will take a still shot whether or not I see anything going on.  Then I will be able to go into the library and view the still photo for the needed information!  For example, say UPS delivers a package to my door on 01-07-16 at 12:35 pm.  Arlo captures it when the delivery man puts in on my covered porch. So, if I am at work and I log onto Arlo at 01:00 pm, I will see he delivered it.  After that, I can log on to Arlo at various times until I get off work and snap a still photo, which goes into my library, so I know at that time period the delivered package was still safe and sound on my porch. If, for any reason, Arlo fails to capture a theft of the package from my porch, I can go back and compare the times on the still pictures to determine the approximate time the package came up missing.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation