Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Luna
Tutor
Tutor

Dear Arlo,

I use my cameras to monitor suspicious activity around my house.  There are also dogwalkers and neighbors I recognize in the stills -- I don't need to view their videos, only the ones where someone is loitering or looking to get into our yard.

I used to be able to open up one video paused at the beginning still, assess if it was of interest to watch by looking at the initial still, and use arrows to navigate forward or backwards to the surrounding videos.  For lack of a better term, Iet's call this "slide show" mode.  It was good.

With the new apps and portal, you make us go back to the thumbnail view, then click on the next video to open the initial still.  The thumbnails are way too small to see if the video actually needs watching, so you have to open EVERY ONE, and it takes sooooo much longer to view 10 video stills than before.  Terribly inefficient to close one and and open the next!

Please bring back the slideshow mode.  I no longer have patience or time to scroll through new videos at night using your new stupid interface.

Since I have purchased by $500+ worth of cameras last fall, you have gone back on your storage limit promise (was a certain GB, now a certain time), and the new interface makes it impossible to review videos.

If I don't see improvements soon to get it back to where I actually liked it, I will have to try a new system.

Arggghhh!!

6 REPLIES 6
sbcrockett
Guide
Guide

I agree. The slideshow feature was a much quicker and easier navigation tool. PLEASE return that feature! 🙂

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

I absolutely agree with this. It was so much faster and easier to click on one video on my computer and then be able to just hit the left or right arrow to move through the videos. The thumbnails are too small to be able to see if you need to watch the video like you said.

StevieB54
Tutor
Tutor

Three weeks and still no reply from Netgear...

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

StevieB54 wrote:

Three weeks and still no reply from Netgear...

That's why there is the Arlo Idea Exchange.

The Arlo Idea Exchange is a dedicated forum for user suggestions. Users can post ideas for features they'd like to see implemented. This doesn't have to be a new idea, but is also often a request to bring an old feature back. I myself posted a feature request the other day asking for reusable rules to be brought back to the user interface.

The idea posts get upvoted by other users by them clicking on the Kudos button/counter next to them. This allows Netgear to gauge interest in an idea and prioritizing development and implementation of the requested feature.

Moderators will assign status updates to certain ideas, like "Future Consideration" or "Implemented" to provide feedback to the users. My very own feature request mentioned above has since received a "Future Consideration" status update.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Luna wrote:

I used to be able to open up one video paused at the beginning still, assess if it was of interest to watch by looking at the initial still, and use arrows to navigate forward or backwards to the surrounding videos.  For lack of a better term, Iet's call this "slide show" mode.  It was good.

With the new apps and portal, you make us go back to the thumbnail view, then click on the next video to open the initial still.  The thumbnails are way too small to see if the video actually needs watching, so you have to open EVERY ONE, and it takes sooooo much longer to view 10 video stills than before.  Terribly inefficient to close one and and open the next!

In the Android app I can slideshow between adjacent videos just fine, simply by swiping right or left. Have you tried that?

No need to go back to the overview and I see a still preview in screen size.

Luna
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks - I was refereing to the web interface.

I don't have an andriod, but you are right - my Apple device app still has that function.  It keeps asking me if I want to update, but I'm afraid if I do the function will go away.

Thanks,

Anne

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation