Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery and usage

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cherry-pie
Star
Star

if i have my cameras set to all motion OFF and therefore the only time i can view them is via web browser or app, does this still cause the batteries to drain?

im not really using the cameras now. I just wanted to test them out. I still have the base station and everything connected to the network. If the batteries are still draining because they are in the cameras, i would like to know so i can take them out.

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They are still on so there has to be some draw but it would be so small that the batteries should last at least a year, depending on how much live viewing you do.  If you did none, they should last a VERY long time.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, in sleep mode power usage is almost nill...

I had two cameras that were use very little except for detection of motion ( no motion in those rooms ) and maybe 2 mins per week...

OEM batteries lasted almost 7 months

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
clmnet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don,t know what I am doing wrong but the batteries in my 2day old camera lasted less than 10 hrs repeat less than 10.It is out side set all time movement however this will not work for me.I had no idea this was going to be a problem. except for the power issue they work great can,t afford battireis at this rate.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

clmnet wrote:

I don,t know what I am doing wrong but the batteries in my 2day old camera lasted less than 10 hrs repeat less than 10.It is out side set all time movement however this will not work for me.I had no idea this was going to be a problem. except for the power issue they work great can,t afford battireis at this rate.

how much is the camera recording ?

"is out side set all time movement"

Does this mean your recording all the time?

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation