Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BLURRY recordings

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I avoided the update like the plague, and then I was FORCED to update.  Yep, I knew something like this was going to happen. Now all the recordings are blurry/grainy.  Can't fix it either.Smiley Mad

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

missearl,

Are you experiencing this on all of your camera? Does it occur on all recordings? What device are you noticing this on and do you notice on all clients (mobile and web)?

I am not seeing any differences in recording quality on Arlo Q or Arlo Wire-Free cameras since the update.

JamesC

missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is on the VMS3230 wireless cameras.  It's very annoying.  Addionally, since the update, it records whenever it pleases.  I constantly and daily must check the filters and settings/modes.  I.e.:length of recording times and motion percentage.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have to wonder if this is at least partly because you've avoided the app updates. Maybe it's an incompatibility of some sort between new firmware (which can't be avoided) and old apps.  Does the browser show exactly the same thing?

Like JamesC said above, I haven't seen a difference between pre- and post-update for image quality. I'm using the latest software of all sorts.

missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

It doesn't have anything to do with the app.  Also, it doesn't matter if the flicker adjustment is on auto, 60 Hz or 50 Hz.  It's so annoying that every time NETGEAR does this, cameras don't work the same and no information is ever released on how to FIX problems.  I was SOOOO perturbed that when I went out of town, my outside camera didn't record because NOTHING was said about that filter needed to be changed.

All around the edges of the recordings it's completely blurry.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

missearl,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "filter" needing to be changed. When you left town was your camera set to the correct mode to allow it to record motion?

It sounds like there could be something physically on the lens of the camera causing the image to be blurry. If you could, post a screenshot so we can see what you are describing, that may give us a clue as to what the issue is.

JamesC

missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the IPad app, if you go to cameras and hit the little zero on the right side, it takes you to a space with an hour glass looking thing on the left.  When you hit that it gives you another thing called "filter".  That's were I found out that both of my cameras were not recording.  It's really confusing that Netgear doesn't tell you this is a seperate entity from rules, etc.  when I first got this system it was super sweet and easy, and Netgear just messed this up so much I can't even recommend Arlo anymore.Woman Frustrated

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what problems you're having but using a filter shows only the selected cameras' videos.  I almost never use a filter since I want to see all of them.  I just use the library tab and start going through them.  I say this because it may be that your issue is simply that you're not seeing the videos due to the filter being set.  Even if you've set the filter, you can reset/clear the filters using the filter icon on the left and choose Reset.

TrooperX
Aspirant
Aspirant

All, I have read through the threads and since the upgarde I have had teh same issues. I have checked, reset camaeras, etc... My conclusion is that it's the Firm ware upgrade.

My hardware is fine. No dirty lenses or damage to the cameras. Successful function check on base & cameras too

Best

TrooperX

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TrooperX,

It could be interference or poor signal between the base and cameras that is causing the issue. Consider relocating the base or camera (temporarily) closer to each other to further isolate the issue. Try to limit any other nearby WiFi sources to eliminate possible interference.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation