Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Avoiding Pet Detection Inside

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ak81
Follower
Follower

I'm researching different home security cameras and can't find any relevant answers so I'd like the forums help if possible.  I have a 120lb dog and a smaller 40lb dog that have free reign of the downstairs while we are at work.  I would like a camera indoors but I don't want a million video clips waiting for me every day.  Other systems have face detection or hot zones that you can draw out so I could avoid anything that is dog height. Does anyone have any suggestions with the Arlo system to avoid constant pings because the dogs get up, turn around and lay back down?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on your ifo of a 120 lb dog.... it may appear that your option may be to aim the camera about 3+ft off the ground, mostly at areas where travel is.

This will eliminate low dog movement, but still allow capture of faces of people.... meaning you may have to sort of use an upward shooting angle

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're in the researching mode, consider the Q camera which allows you to set up detection zones.  The wireless cameras use the whole FOV and can't be changed.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation