Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Scrittore
Aspirant
Aspirant

During an initial testing phase so far, I've got the free Basic subscription with 5 cameras: 4 Arlo Wifi plus 1 Arlo-Q. When using the Web Control Panel, I am continually logged out after some (brief) period of time. No other apps are used to login. Can this timeout be controlled to maintain a persistent login state? It's a little annoying but there may be a logical reason I'm not seeing, which would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Scrittore wrote:

During an initial testing phase so far, I've got the free Basic subscription with 5 cameras: 4 Arlo Wifi plus 1 Arlo-Q. When using the Web Control Panel, I am continually logged out after some (brief) period of time. No other apps are used to login. Can this timeout be controlled to maintain a persistent login state? It's a little annoying but there may be a logical reason I'm not seeing, which would be appreciated.

That's normal. I'm not sure if there is a particular reason behind it.

Also, if you log in from a second device using the same login credentials, it'll kick anyone else out who's logged in with the same credentials on the first device.

The fact that you're being logged out doesn't impact your ability to receive push notifications in case of a motion event, though. So, it shouldn't be of any concern that you're being logged out automatically.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Scrittore wrote:

That's normal. I'm not sure if there is a particular reason behind it.

Also, if you log in from a second device using the same login credentials, it'll kick anyone else out who's logged in with the same credentials on the first device.

The fact that you're being logged out doesn't impact your ability to receive push notifications in case of a motion event, though. So, it shouldn't be of any concern that you're being logged out automatically.

Scrittore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, appreciate the reply. It's not so much notifications, which I don't have a need for now. I work at home and prefer to see deliveries, or anyone, really, approaching so I can get to that end of the house in time. Nest, which has its more pluses than minuses but wasn't "just right," provided constant viewing, no timeouts. This seems to me to be a user-defined option, rather than letting Netgear determine when I can't see any more...having to logon again.

PADA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two guests who can login to our system.  They tell me that it seems their logins are timed out and they need to log back in.  Is this normal? or is there a setting I can change somewhere to eliminate auto logouts?  They are not using my credentials to log in.  Can you also tell me what your definition of credentials is? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are no timeout settings to be had.  I haven't used the guest accounts much but would generally expect them to work as the master account so would time out.

As for credentials, it's simply an email account and password.

slickman
Star
Star

I know this is an old post but this auto log out is a PITA.  I'm sure it has to do with network traffic to the Arlo server.  All they need to do is setup an option to stream the video directly from the base to the web page.  They can set this up as an option when you are local on your network.  I can see having it set to stream from the Arlo servers if you are off your network however, being on your home network streaming from your base makes more sense.  I did post this as a new option today but seeing their lack of responding to customers problems, I'm not holding my breath.  

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation