Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arming

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ARLOTH
Follower
Follower

I have three cameras that I want to be on and recording if there is motion at all times.  I only want one camera to alarm if someone passes in front of it such as the one in my home.  Is this possible to set my system up this way?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, two ways... go into the current mode your using ( prob the default ARMED ) and for the two cameras edit the alerts off.

A better way is to copy the ARMED mode into a custom mode so you don't edit the default.

Read;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Fre...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts/ta-p/10...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.  Use the Mode tab, click on your base and check out the modes there - the Armed on in particular since that's the one that's likely in use right now.  Don't modify Armed, though - create your own custom mode using the button at the bottom to Add a Mode.  This will step you through setting up a rule for one camera as you like.  Save and reedit it to add additional rules for additional cameras.  By the time you're done, you should have set each camera exactly the way you want it.  Be aware that any camera WITHOUT a rule is disarmed - don't try to create a rule to disarm it.

Now that the mode is finished, set it to be active.  Also, especially if you created multiple modes to cover all eventualities, consider the use of the schedule to automate usage.  ANy blank time period in the schedule disarms all cameras.  You can only schedule one mode per time period - no overlapping - hence the potential need for multiple modes to create different scenarios. Also, you need to start at 12:00AM to some time and then some time to 11:59PM - no "wrapround" that tries to go through midnight.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation