Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless motion detection and recording.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DoggonePretty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am needing the cameras to detect motion after business hours and push an email to me when detected. It is set up to record for one minute.

I do not need the cameras to detect motion during daytime hours but I do need them to record. I read where you can set them to a 24 hr record but only to record when motion is detected.

I need them to record from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday through Saturday.

How exactly do I do this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

DoggonePretty wrote:

Hi,

I am needing the cameras to detect motion after business hours and push an email to me when detected. It is set up to record for one minute.

I do not need the cameras to detect motion during daytime hours but I do need them to record. I read where you can set them to a 24 hr record but only to record when motion is detected.

I need them to record from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday through Saturday.

How exactly do I do this?

Thanks!

This "system" will not fufill your requirments (It can be done, but you will be replacing the batteries everyday)

DoggonePretty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well...I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the reply!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DoggonePretty wrote:

Well...I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the reply!

If the cameras are to be inside, you may be better off with the Q cameras which are AC powered... no battery limitations and they will record at any motion.

Each camera would have it own schedule and if you created custom Modes for each cam it will do what you want as per notifications

Only down side to the above is if you want 24/7 record review... then you would have to purchase the CVR option that Netgear offers.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation