Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo terms of service/policy change. Abuse

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bmattox79
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had posted another topic about my multi cam triggering/recording just stopping working today and someone said that Arlo changed their policy on abuse so that you can no longer have one camera trigger and record and also have another camera record as well, as they now see this as abuse.  Can anyone confirm this and why wouldn't they advise us of this change, these cameras are useless to me without this feature but worked well with it for the first two weeks of ownership.  I would have returned them if I knew they were changing this, if they indeed did.  It has to be something on their side as when I switch back to the default all motion on one camera at a time everything works, motion recording library storage.  Anyone with info please respond and if u have a link to the policy changes, maybe someone from netgear can address this also.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have NOT heard anything as to a policy change nor do I believe it has been done intentionally if at all.

Back before the big SW update in Dec 2015 , the 'stacked ' rules were working 100%...along can the new SW and the stacked rules were running a bit off, not nearly as good as before.

This isn't a  big conspiracy ....so much as in the SW , code might have been changed to make other things improved and a hit was taken on how the rules are read in what order.... Sometimes it's a give/take.

But, since there hasn't been any updates lately , I don't know either but certainly won't go guessing as to why.

The best advice I can give is to write a new custom mode and delete the old and see how it goes... As your going, add new rules in stages  and see what happens ...at least then you'll have a real good reason where (and maybe what) the problem is

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmattox79,

Are you still seeing this behavior after the suggestion posted above by TomMac? If you have a case open with the support team please send me a private message with the case number.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation