Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anybody able to install the latest update in the Apple App Store? I try to DL it and nothing happens. I reboot the iPhone and try again... same results. I can install other updates and new apps no problem so it's not the App Store. So I delete the version Arlo I have installed... big mistake... still does not install and now I've got nothing.

Anybody else out there able to update it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asedan
Initiate
Initiate
I just got it to update

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Asedan
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks, guess we'll have to wait for either Apple or Arlo to get it sorted out. In the meantime I'll go check iTunes and see if I've got a backup of the previous version.
JC
Aspirant
Aspirant
You would think Netgear would test their apps before releasing them. Constantly disappointed with Netgear since purchasing this product. Customer service is not too good.
s14guy04
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Just got my system today and cant download the app.

Asedan
Initiate
Initiate
I just got it to update
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yeah me too, no sooner than I restored the previous version from a time machine backup... Murphy's Law.
Yoyo
Tutor
Tutor

Same here with my iPhone. Message to update Arlo. Now app starts but closes right away.

Yoyo
Tutor
Tutor

Possibly due to the update only working with iOS 7.0 or higher, whereas the previous app was working with iOS 6.0.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yoyo,

You might consider uninstalling the Arlo app and then redownloading. Please let me know if you're still having issues after a reinstall. What version of iOS are you currently running?

JamesC

Yoyo
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I did remove the app and reinstall. Still the same: the app opens with the Arlo logo but then closes after about a second. I checked the settings of the app but not much to do there.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware that a small number of users are experiencing an issue with the most recent update to the Arlo app on iOS. We are currently investigating the cause of this issue and will provide a resolution as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated.

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems more of a problem with the Iphone for some reason...

I'm running the new Arlo app and IOS 9.0.2 on an Ipad v3 and no problems noted

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation