Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo geofencing no longer works - iPhone 6 (out of zone or not available)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bchesley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought a new system in the Fall of 2016 and got two iPhone 6 phones set up for geofencing and it worked fine for months.  Then presumably after an update to the phones and or Arlo the phones now always show as unavailable or out of zone even when we are home.  On the advice of support I have:

1. deleted the app from my phone
  2. restarted the phone
  3. re-downloaded it to the phone
  4. checked that gps and wifi are enabled on the phone
  5. answered the prompts after reinstallation to allow accept alerts from Arlo and enable location even when not running the app

All to no avail. I have done the above procedure several times.  I do notice that after reinstallation my settings seem to still be on the phone as I don't have to login or authenticate with touch id which seems odd since deleting the app indicates that not only the app but all data will be deleted.

I loved the geofencing feature when it was working, manually changing mode all the time is slow and a waste of time.

PS - iOS version is 10.2 (14C92) on both phones.

Any insights much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bchesley,

Within Geofencing settings there is an option to increase your location radius. Consider increasing the size of the location radius (small->medium, medium->large) as this could be causing the issue.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC

bfolch
Initiate
Initiate

Hello James,

Approaching 5 months since your post and Geofencing is still a Beta feature and still not working...?  I also have an iPhone 6, and have been experiencing issues as well.  From my experience, when something is released to the public as a Beta, it is usually just to work out some final kinks.  I'm not sure how long it has been in Beta, but I know it has been since I purchased my cameras approximately 1 year ago.  It does not seem that this feature was close to being ready for primetime.  

-Bruce

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any chance this will ever work again? Have the same issue as above.
bchesley
Aspirant
Aspirant

As an FYI I did increase the geofencing radius and adjust its position as it was a bit off and it has worked well since then.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation