Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app keeps saying "check internet connectivity"

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
spitzfyre
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone recently updated to the latest version of android (7.0). It's a Samsung Galaxy S7. Now I constantly get a notification that says " you are not connected to the internet, please check internet connection." I know my phone is connected because I can use Chrome and other web-based apps. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, and also reseting the phone. Neither of those worked. 

I've seen other posts about this problem, but they are over a year old. Has there been any progress or new developments?

26 REPLIES 26
Cgbarlow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried again geofencing for the first time in a while. GPS enabled. It worked for 30 minutes before the "you are not connected to the internet" message popped up.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Android app sucks.  I switched over to using my iPhone 6s app and geofencing everything works includint eh alerts going to my Android phone.  

See https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Keep-getting-this-quot-Geofencing-needs-an-internet-connection...

I'm not sure what Netgrea needs to do but myh Galaxy S6 Edge with Android 7 is worthless.  Half the time (more than that) it can't even get the base station status.  Fire up iPhone app and bam, it is there immediately.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation