Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo WireFree Motion Detection Too Sensitive

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gcodd
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased an Arlo WireFree camera and mounted it in my basement to monitor a wide shot showing wall with (3) windows and (1) door which also has a window.  I have the sensitivity in the motion sensitibity setting in the "Rules" section of the app turned all the way down to 1% and I am still receiving false triggers from the camera?

I'm not sure what else I can do except move the camera, which defeats the purpose of having it as I want to monitor that specific potential point of entry into my home when I am away.  In the past :30 the camera has detected motion 20x....sometimes 2x within the same minute?

Is there something wrong with this camera?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

gcodd wrote:

I have the sensitivity in the motion sensitibity setting in the "Rules" section of the app turned all the way down to 1% and I am still receiving false triggers from the camera?

Is there something wrong with this camera?

Sounds like maybe....

Open and close the battery door to reset camera just in case. ( do near base so it auto resync's )

Take the camera and move it to a location that faces a wall about a foot away and see if you still get false triggers. ( at default setting of 80% )

If so, then contact netgear as it may be a troubled cam.

If not, test again back in the prev location.

OR if you have two cams, you can always swap the 2 and see if the problem follows the camera ( or is location )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation