Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
commiepinkofag
Guide
Guide

Apple released version 10.1 of their Safari browser this week and the Arlo website's ability to downlad video files is seriously impaired.  Under 10.1, only one file downloads, regardless of how many are selected.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bryan

P.S.  Please don't suggest I use Firefox or Chrome.  Neither is scriptable, and it's Netgear's responsibility to make sure that their site functions with all major browsers.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are using a computer, you also need a supported web browser. The following browsers are qualified to work with the Arlo web application:
Internet Explorer 10 or higher
Microsoft Edge
Firefox 3.5 or higher
Safari 3 or higher (only with Mac OS X)
Chrome (latest version)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
commiepinkofag
Guide
Guide

That's not the case.

As I wrote, I'm using Safari 10.1 (under macOS 10.12.4) and have found the compatibility problem I described.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That was just a list of APPROVED browsers from Netgear's docs...did not say others may not work ( as we have found )

Morse is faster than texting!
commiepinkofag
Guide
Guide

I'm not using "others"…  I'm using one from the list of supported browsers:  Safari 10.1 under macOS presumably counts as "or higher."

"The following browsers are qualified to work with the Arlo web application:

Safari 3 or higher (only with Mac OS X)"

While this appears to have been written years ago, which isn't reassuring, this is still NetGear's official statement, and it's untrue.  There's at least one fatal incompatibility that significantly impairs important functionality.

B

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Contact support. If this is a problem for you, it's probably also a problem for a large number of people. They'll want to fix it ASAP

commiepinkofag
Guide
Guide

I've contacted support.  No response in the past 24.

Of course if Netgear continues, month after month, to be unable to provide battery chargers for the system, the whole issue of using it will be moot anyway.  The whole thing smacks of amateurism.  It's becoming increasingly difficult to take Arlo seriously.

B

1skigal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Safari 9.1 and I could access Arlo in the past, but recently I can't get on the website or view my videos using Safari. I did inform them of this problem and they said they didn't know what is wrong & just try another browser! They totally aren't interested in fixing this. I was going to recommend Arlo to my son and others, but they use Mac & Safari too, so they don't want to sign up. They are looking into Ring.

commiepinkofag
Guide
Guide

Ah, but they updated their site to deal with the problem!  Just look…

Clip_2017-08-01_01-21-59_PM.png

Isn't that great?  Of course their specs still claim they support Safari.  

It's a shame we no longer pillory people and pelt them with rotten fruit.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation