Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kodiak80
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm at my wits end with Arlo integration. I installed three cameras and have them working with the Arlo app without issue. When I integrate with SmartThings, I get the Arlo Smartthings mode, and three "rules" created under teh SmartThings mode. Oddly, the rules make little sense: "If motion on camera A, do nothing on camera B". I edit the rules to match what I want: specifically having each camera record 30s if it detects motion, and I give the rules names that make sense to me, as opposed to the serail number names they are initially given

Within Smartthings, I have kept my rules fairly simple: Turn on all the cameras when we are away, turn two of them off when we return, and turn them on at night. Everything works fine for a few hours until all of my rules within the Arlo SmartThings mode are removed and replaced with the original nonsensical rules. I have repeated the process a few time, removed the camera and Arlo app form smartthings and reconnected, and always the same behavior.

My hope was to use SmartThings to simply turn cameras on an off, and have the camera behavior defined in Arlo, as motion detection and recording triggering appears to be much faster if I don't use SmartThings to trigger the actual recording.

Any help is welcome.

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This has been discussed before. From what I gather, the idea of smartthings mode in the Arlo app is to allow you to stop using the arlo app. Then using smartthings, you can use the SHM to sense motion, record and view video. 

What I've done is integrated Arlo with ST but I don't use ST mode and don't use ST to change modes. I then use the Arlo app and use my custom recording modes and view the videos there. What I do have is several arlo cameras turning on lights for a few minutes at night when they detect motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation