Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo - Schedule armed, can you toggle off?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AndyCundy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will try and explain. If you are running in Schedule Mode and the system is currently armed, is it possible to easily disarm for the remainder of that armed period and then have it re-arm at the next armed time on the schedule.

Might be easier with an example, we have it scheduled to arm at night time and during weekdays there are two periods (school run time) where it is also scheduled to arm. Sometimes I am working from home, lots of alerts are triggered. Of course I can change the mode to disarm but then have to remember to set back to schedule, but would rather just able to disarm for the current armed period and have it rearm at the next scheduled arming. Is that understandable?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your asking can you TEMP turn off the remainder of a scheduled time and then have it re-pick up where to the normal schudle, the answer is NO.

To stop a schedule without changing that schedule, you would just have to disarm it and remember to put it back on schedule later

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AndyCundy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the confirmation though I have to say I think it is pretty rubbish. My hardly state of the art timer for the boiler can do this but a bang uptodate piece of software can't 🙂

Maybe put it in the ideas section??

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes ... netgear does read those entries

Morse is faster than texting!
Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

You should use Geofencing mode, then you can set a mode when you are home and another mode when you're away.

So for me I set it in Geofencing so Arlo knows when I'm home or any of the enabled devices that I added (that's my spouse and 2 kids' phones). In the Geofencing there is an Away Mode and Home Mode. I set the Away Mode with a mode that I created called Nobody Home and the Home Mode I set to Scheduled which records only during a scheduled time. With this setting I don't have to worry about changing mode at all, it changes automatically when I'm home or away.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation