Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
debjack50
Follower
Follower

I have exhausted all the help tips for Ios and the computer.   The system suddenly stopped push notifications.  The iphone is set exactly as your help files say.   The system worked fine until yesterday.   I have resynced the cameras, reset the base, and still nothing.  Live works on all four cameras.  Motion test successful.   WTF???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aerys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here and I have posted in other topics, I am just frutstrated. Most likely this has got to do with Netgears infrastructure for sending push notifications to users.

In all cases I have read, users have not changed anything and push notifications were woking beforehand then suddenly stopped,

I just had this system for a week and here Ii thought  I had a great security system because the push notifications arrived almost instantaneously when a motion is detected. It helps me to know when someone is at my door even before they press my doorbell.

All firmware and software are all up to date.

Rules and modes have push notifications enabled.

Reticked, resaved push notifications in modes still nothing

Phone push notifications for Arlo App are enabled, Background App refresh also enabled

Push Notifications are not sent even if the mode is set to Armed.

Restarted base station, camera, resynched, tested motion detection, still nothing.

Email alerts are being sent successfully though

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just the the system yesterday and my push notification is working on every motion detection.  I am on Android App though.  Maybe this is an iOS problem?

x-man
Luminary
Luminary

Its a known issue in the german community.

Since yesterday:

- the push is not working on Ios.

- wrong videoassigning on Android

- sporadic no recording

sporadic error "no connection to mediaserver"

So currently you can not trust on the system.. 

supersteve
Aspirant
Aspirant

try the ifttt.com applet for arlo.  I've got it setup to call my cell phone on detection.  It is free and it works as quickly as push notification.  Also, i'm more likely to hear the phone ring than notice the push notification. hope this helps!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation