Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro accessing live video on cellular data VERY SLOW

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EpicGod
Tutor
Tutor

So far my Arlo Pro 3 camera system has been working fine. While I was out doing errands, I received a notification of movement on my side yard. I went to access the live feed.It was very slow! My cell service is Verizon and my coverage in the L.A. area is fine. 

Is there anything I can do to fix the live feed lag time while using cellular data?

3 REPLIES 3
gsusned
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, it's not real time alerts and by the time you get the alert they're probably several hundred feet past your camera (if in a vehicle).  I try to use one camera as early detection and then customize my other camera to start recording when the early detection is triggered.  The cameras are on opposite ends of the driveway which is several hundred feet.  Not sure what you can do if you have a short driveway other than try to spread it out as much as possible.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Push notifications are nearly realtime - should happen as soon as recording starts. Email notifications happen after the video is uploaded.
EpicGod
Tutor
Tutor

I get the push notifications right away... thats not the issue. The problem i have is when I log on to my app and try to access the live feed, there's lag. It takes longer than usual to get that live feed up.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation