Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro No Image and GeoFencing Issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tommytong
Aspirant
Aspirant

This morning on my way to work i was testing the Geofencing with my fiance.  We're both in zone, however as i drove away, i was out of zone and she remained in the zone, but the system stil went into away/armed mode.  Reading around, i realize it's still beta, but this should be pretty straight forward.

After noticing that, it looks like the motion detector kicked off for one of the cameras because it was raining so i figured changing the sensitivity would fix that.  This is when i came to realize that the live/streaming image is completely black.  Taking a snapshot seems to be fine, it's just the streaming that's gone bad.

I have two Arlo Pros.  The other one is working fine as expected.  I've tried both web browser and iphone app and they both return the same result.  I'd attempt to resync, however i can't do that at the moment, but at the same time i've only had the system installed for less than a week and already encountering issues which has now become a huge concern to me from a reliability standpoint...

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The easy thing to do when you can is reset the Pro cam by pulling and replacing the battery pack.

If it happens again ( goes black ) I would either see if you could return that camera or Contact Netgear support for warranty.

As to geozone, the biggest problem is more than one unti activating.. I would take the second off the Geozone and reinstall app and add again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Tommytong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I was afraid i'd have to do that.  As mentioned though it's been a bit disappointing to have this less then a week of having it installed. Smiley Sad

Tommytong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interestingly enough... just checked it and it looks okay now.  Night vision was enabled and it was early morning, so i'd expect to see something at least.  Any other suggestions on things to look for?  I'll check it again later tonight.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Good to hear... ck it at night for the IR illuminators.

Make sure they are toggled on in settings ( night vision )

As to night range, the higher the camera is mounted , the less range you will have...but the night vision should be good to 15+ from camera

And, you will be able to see the reddish glow from the ir lights on the front of the camera when on

Morse is faster than texting!
Tommytong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks will give it a try.  Night Vision was already toggled on, but i'll check for the indicator.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation