Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gzafra
Follower
Follower

Hi there,

I apologise for so many questions in a thread but I just got a new Arlo system and have too many questions 🙂

First of all is regarding positioning. I'm not sure where I read that it's best located away from the home WIFI spot so that it doesn't interfere with it and thus batteries last longer.

2nd, as I have the old Arlo base, if I wanted to add a new add-on base, could this be the arlo pro new base so that I can enjoy the features (siren & local storage) ?

Also, I'm thinking of adding a smart system for more sensors and lights. Heard the SmartThings is compatible with Arlo which could add some nice features. Does anyone recommend this or maybe another?

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) not necessary,  My base sits 6 ft from my home wifi router and doesn't have any problems.... most interference comes from other wifi transmitters ( like neighbors , etc )

2) Yes... you can add a pro base and it will support both Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras...any camera synced to the PRO base will pick up the siren and local record feature ( but not audio as they are in the pro camera only )

3) IFTTT  works fairly well, how much other smart things link is base on what you use,  it's all basicly new tech

read ;   https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-is-IFTTT-and-how-do-I-use-it-with-my-Arlo-...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation