• 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lt_az19
Follower
Follower

I have placed one of my Arlo camera's outside with the following view:

https://goo.gl/photos/cGV4mZZbh4grzBwi7

Summer is in full swing in Arizona with daytime temperatures reaching 114 - 120 the past weeks.  I am trying to capture people as they walk up to my house, and have tried motion sensitivity very high (95 & 100) to very moderate (75 &85) with no luck.  I have had someone walk up as they would normally to approach my front door and Arlo barely captures them before they are at the door.  I have tried different pan & zoom pictures to no avail.

Additionally, I am getting countless false alarms where I cannot detect any motion so this adds to my issue.

Am I out of luck here using Arlo due to the heat and infrared technology used?

LT

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lt_az19,

Positioning your cameras for best performance can sometimes take some trial and error. Motion detection works best when movement within the field of view is side to side rather than toward the camera.

In the screenshot above, consider changing the angle of the camera so that motion is moving side to side across the cameras field of view. Also consider eliminating the street from the cameras field of view to reduce false triggers potentially caused by IR reflecting off passing cars.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Re above on JamesC comment...

Tho the pan zoom has a reduced view as shown, the PIR detects the entire picture ( reduced or not )... That's why you want to eliminate the roadway and concentrate on the actual pathway...

Even may want to aim the camera MORE towards the house and then use the pan zoom  to eliminate the excess house in fov

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation