iOS App Bricked Does not connect to cameras since last update

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Vonster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since the app update on June 17 the cameras won't display in the app all I get is "Your Arlo device appears offline." Based on iTunes reviews everyone is getting this. Of course Arlo corporate is dead silent and not responding but feels obligated to send out Fathers day eblast eventhough their app is now bricked. 

Reset router, batteries are fine. The problem is the app update. Apparently Arlo beta testing is complete crap to allow it to go out when there are obvious problems. But the whole silence is golden mode in response is far more frustrating since the whole service is now NOT WORKING because the app is broken.

Is anyone going to fix this? 

Other developers put older versions on their site so if this happens you can re-install an old app version. Why doesn't Arlo do this? And how do you not test this to detect a problem everyone seems to be having?

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It would help if you posted you Device and IOS version running...

Then Netgear can try to dupe your problem.

I run an Ipad g3 with the latest IOS update 9.3.2 and all is fine with the last app update.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Vonster
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did post that in the Model section when I first posted but it didn't populate? I type in my info and it vanishes when I post, so their forum has a bug too. Great.

In case the forum won't take my Model input again here it is: iOS 9.3.2, iPhone 6, June 17 Update, VMB3000 Arlo Base Station

Does Arlo even read thier own reviews on iTunes because EVERYONE downloading the update is having issues.

This is horrible customer support and my service is still NO WORKING.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Vonster wrote:

Does Arlo even read thier own reviews on iTunes because EVERYONE downloading the update is having issues.

That seems to be an overstatement since there are many folks here quite successfully using the app on iOS. That doesn't mean there isn't work to be done, though.

Vonster
Aspirant
Aspirant

So that is Arlo idea of support, defend a **bleep**ty update? Where is the fix?

Releasing an app that a vast majority of users find at best problematic and in my case completely useless is not good development.

Having no response from Arlo is NOT good support.

Read the iTunes reviews, the majority of the latest are horrible.

So you can focus on being an evangelist for Arlo or you can simply tell me how to resolve the problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Evangelist?  I'm just trying to help get the most from the system, warts and all.

Vast majority?  How are you determining that?  Do you know how many installs there are and base them against complaints?  You do realize that Internet forums don't often have many success stories but tons of complaints, right?  People don't generally report success, they report issues.

Sounds like the iOS update has issues, at least for some/many folks. What we don't know is whether it's an issue with the app or the users.  We also don't know what's being done in the background to resolve these issues.

Take a breath.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vonster,

Are you seeing this same behavior when trying to access your system from the web client or is it only when you access using the iOS app?

You might consider a fresh install of the mobile app to further isolate the issue.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble.

JamesC

Vonster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well Arlo has been no help in resolving this. I figured out what is the problem which Arlo never once mentioned is required when the app is updated. It basically broke the sync to all the cameras requiring me to manually go pull all the cameras and bring them to the router and re-synce everything. This is highly annoying since I have to now re-set my whole composition for each.

Is this really how it'll be with each new app update? 

Software is still a buggy as ever. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vonster,

I apologize for the frustration. App updates should not affect camera connectivity. I have not been able to replicate this issue as you describe.

Are you still having any issues now that you have resynced your cameras?

JamesC

Vonster
Aspirant
Aspirant

As soon as the last update rolled out and I updated my apps on both my iPhone and iPad Pro the cameras stopped connecting. I had to manually resync everything in order to get them to work again. Not sure why, but the hour before I updated the app they were synced and working, after I updated they stopped working until I manually resynced them. That is all I know.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation